We open registration for the second of the online courses to be taught in 2023, "Bioinformatics", that will start on October 2, 2023.
The course is organized on the basis of the Department of Genetics and Biotechnology of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv and Explogen LLC and is a great opportunity to learn a lot of new and interesting things from experts working in this field.
The scope of the course includes:
- Fundamentals of bioinformatics (Bohdan Ostash, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv)
- Principles of sequencing in genome analysis (Yuriy Rebets, Explogen LLC)
- Molecular phylogenetic analysis (Oleksandr Zinenko, V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Explogen LLC)
- Fundamentals of human genomics (Natalia Matiytsiv, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv)
- Practical introduction to genome browsers and the basics of working with genomic data.
The course consists of 5 lectures and 10 seminars. The total duration is 30 hours - 1 ECTS credit. The course will be conducted in Ukrainian, remotely.
The course is aimed at 4th year undergraduate students, master's and PhD students in biology and related specialties (medical, mathematics, computer science students). We will be able to enroll 40 students. Registration is open and will be valid until September 20. (registration form).
The study is free of charge. We will also provide 18 scholarships of 200 Euros for students who were strongly affected by the war and need financial support.