Studied at the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology of PNU in 2006-2011. There, graduated from postgraduate studies in 2014. 2013-2014 – Scholar of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. 2014-2018, worked as a Leading specialist of the educational and scientific laboratory of the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology of the PNU. 2016-2017 visiting researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology and Epigenetics (Freiburg, Germany). Also, from 2017 to 2020, worked as a researcher at the PNU. Executor of domestic and international research projects. At PNU, teaches a number of academic disciplines, in particular: introduction to modern experimental biology, bioinformatics, molecular biology, professional English, genetics, cell biology, virology, basics of clinical biochemistry, microbiology, introduction to biochemistry (in English), laboratory practicum in biochemistry.
Scientific interests: regulation of molecular and epigenetic mechanisms of nutrition, metabolism and aging; age-related diseases; bioinformatic tools for analysis of various types of sequencing.
Publications: 15 articles, H-index 10 (Scopus).
- Yurkevych IS, Gray LJ, Gospodaryov DV, Burdylyuk NI, Storey KB, Simpson SJ, Lushchak OV (2020) Development of fly tolerance to consuming a high-protein diet requires physiological, metabolic and transcriptional changes. Biogerontology 21 (5), 619-636.
- Rovenko BM, Kubrak OI, Gospodaryov DV, Perkhulyn NV, Yurkevych IS, Sanz A, Lushchak OV & Lushchak VI (2015) High sucrose consumption promotes obesity whereas its low consumption induces oxidative stress in Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol 79, 42-54.
- Lushchak OV, Gospodaryov DV, Rovenko BM, Glovyak AD, Yurkevych IS, Klyuba VV, Shcherbij MV & Lushchak VI (2012) Balance between macronutrients affects lifespan and functional senescence in fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67, 118–125.
- Lushchak O, Strilbytska OM, Yurkevych IS, Vaiserman AM, Storey KB (2019) Implications of amino acid sensing and dietary protein to the aging process. Exp Gerontol 115, 69–78.
- Strilbytska O, Velianyk V, Burdyliuk N, Yurkevych IS, Vaiserman A, Storey KB, Pospisilik A, Lushchak O (2020) Parental dietary protein-to-carbohydrate ratio affects offspring lifespan and metabolism in drosophila. Comp Biochem Physiol, Part A Mol Integr Physiol 241, 110622.